So you are using windows 7 in your machine and you want to upgrade it to windows 8? There can be various reasons for which a person may want to upgrade the operating system of his machines. For example; you al a tech savvy person who always likes to use something fresh, new and unique, you have seen images and promos of windows 8 and you really liked it. Well, whatever the reason may be, you can easily upgrade from windows 7 to windows 8.
In this post, we will share a simple and easy method with you to upgrade your windows OS.
Step 1: Preparation
- Before you start upgrading your windows 7 to windows 8, you are required to prepare first. The first thing that you need to do is to update your current copy of windows 7. For this reason, you will be required to connect your computer with internet. Once you have connected your computer with internet, you can go ahead and start following the steps given below.
- Click on “Windows Button” on left bottom of your screen and then click on “All Programs”. You will see a programs list, find “Windows Update” and click on it.
- A new dialogue box will appear where you will find an option to “Check for Updates”. Click on it to download all necessary updates.
- Windows will check for updates and prompt you when list is completed. You can go ahead and install those updates in your system.
- There is a possibility that some of the updates will require you to restart your PC. Every time you restart your computer, make sure to check for further updates.
Step 2: Installing Windows 8
- If you are looking to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 8 then keep in mind that this will work for only Windows 8 upgrade plan. You will be required to confirm your current Microsoft Windows 7 version. If you don’t know about your current system then you can click on Start > Control Panel > System, here you will find information about your current Windows system. Of course, you are going to need a DVD ROM installed in your computer too.
- If you have downloaded the Win 8 upgrade files from Microsoft’s website then you can execute those files. On the other hand, if you have a disk for Windows 8 upgrade then insert that disk in your DVD ROM. This will initiate AutoPlay feature to popup in Windows. You will be required to click on “Run setup.exe” file to continue the process.
- Now, Windows 8 installation will start. In the beginning, you will be asked about the Product Key. You can find your product key on the disc that you have purchased. If there is no key on the disc then contact your disc supplier.
- Keep following the guidelines provided by Windows 8 and soon you will be done with setup.
Above described method is the simplest way to upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 8. If you will follow all the steps, there will be no problem faced by you at all.
CHECKOUT THE WINDOWS 8 UPGRADE PLANS