I know it. You know it. I’m sure everybody knows it by now. The strength of any business lies in the quality of its backbone, its people. Building a strong backbone starts with selecting every piece that comprises that backbone – the hiring process, so to speak. And because this process is so important, deciding to utilize a hiring process software to automate the sequence of steps that are generally involved can spell a world of difference.
Comindware, a business solutions provider, strongly believes in the need to automate, especially in this technology-driven world.
Image credit: adamr | FreeDigitalPhotos.net
The hiring process simplified
In a nutshell, the hiring process can be summarized as follows:
- A department head creates a recruitment request, which, in turn, is received by the HR department.
- Depending on the circumstances, the request is either approved or disapproved. If rejected, the story is ended. The requesting department head would unfortunately have to find alternate solutions to bridge the personnel gap.
- Once approved, job ads get published.
- From those that respond to the job postings, a list is created, and the selection process begins, screening oftentimes including psychological evaluations, panel interviews and so forth.
- Once the right person is determined and documents are exchanged, the vacancy is declared filled.
Benefits of a hiring process software
While dynamic and requires a good amount of brainstorming among decision-makers from the human resources and other departments, think about it, automating the whole sequence above can mean the following:
- Streamlining of tasks and maximization of available resources
- Speedy turnover
- Overall visibility into the progress of the process
- Elimination of confusion among members of the HR department and other departments involved
- No need for constant meetings for status updates and such
Characteristics of a good hiring process software
Despite the barrage of automation tools that are already available in the marketplace, a lot of recruitment professionals still conduct the hiring process manually. And since the hiring sequence above involves a good number of steps, more often than not, it requires at least two people to get the job done on time – one to collect and organize data, and another to handle the actual choosing of the qualified candidate.
This makes the whole hiring process more expensive, but choosing to do otherwise can result in missed deadlines, especially if the process involves hiring at least half a dozen personnel. This becomes the perfect opportunity to employ a hiring software. And when searching for the most fitting one, remember the following guidelines:
- Your job-hunting software should simplify the hiring process from beginning to end.
- It should help you fill the job vacancy reasonably quickly.
- Information dissemination among department heads should be less complicated, hence, faster decision-making. Approvals, if needed, should be obtained a lot faster as well.
- The software should allow you to monitor the progress of each candidate real-time.
- With the right set of data, the right person should be matched to the right job.
Building your company’s backbone one job post at a time isn’t as easy as it looks. It requires a lot of thinking, solid decision-making skills and a sound strategy. Employing a reliable automation solution can help with strategizing. This way, you’re left with more time to concentrate on problem solving and decision-making.